• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 tranns question

traitor is right. you gotta pull the tranny and replace the seal. Make sure you put a little grease or oil on the rubber of the seal seal's this will ensure the torque converter does not burn up the seal.

Just a question...did it get hot? My old 89 did this when i was pulling a trailer. The one problem with the AW4 is that it doesn't have a pump to case gasket like almost all other automatics.....It just has a pump o-ring. the pump is cast iron, and the case is aluminum..the two metals expand at different rates causing a leak when they get hot. there is no real fix for this other than don't get it hot, or put a bigger cooler on it. Mine did it a few times when i really worked it....I sold it to a friend and the thing still works fine....But if yours is constantly leaking then you might have a pump o-ring problem or a front pump seal.....

Back