• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GO RENIX!

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
18.7 MPG on 35's driving to Kevin's at 65mph yesterday.

19.2 MPG on 35's driving back at 70 today.

Do that in an HO, biznatches.

On that note, I need either a renix era gastank or gas gauge or sending unit. ;) My tank reads empty when I'm down about 9 gallons. Anyone run into a problem like that before and have a fix?

Sounds like your sender is shot. I'll be freeing up a fuel tank from a 1990, once I get it drained and start cutting up the vehicle. As I recall, you're due to come up here anyhow (you've got a bunch of stuff on the train for me anyhow...)

Let me know when you'll be coming up, and I'll plan on getting that tank loose for you.

cal said:
On that note, I need either a renix era gastank or gas gauge or sending unit. ;) My tank reads empty when I'm down about 9 gallons. Anyone run into a problem like that before and have a fix?
Had that same problem with one of my RX7s changed the fuel sender unit and fixed it no prob.

Did you notice that rusted out VW passing you going down the freeway?
That was me, and you were going....maybe....60mph....downhill....with a tailwind!
Check your speedo gear!

:roflmao:

Rick

:D

Jump This said:
Did you notice that rusted out VW passing you going down the freeway?
That was me, and you were going....maybe....60mph....downhill....with a tailwind!
Check your speedo gear!

:roflmao:

Rick

:D

Haha - I did! My speedo actually reads about 10% slow, by GPS.

djblade311 said:
my MPG has went down for some reason...

Driving style?
plugs?
o2 sensor?
Driving style? ;)
Low air pressure on the tires?
buying shitty gas? (arco? valero?)
dirty air filter?
exhaust leak?

Driving style? - No
plugs? - not likely but I should check em
o2 sensor? - No, I replaced them all about 10K miles ago unless they already went bad
Driving style? ;) - No :)
Low air pressure on the tires?
buying shitty gas? (arco? valero?) Probably. Been using Arco since its the cheapest.
dirty air filter? - shouldnt be that dirty but I should check
exhaust leak? - dont think so but its possible

THeres a few things I still need to work on but just havent had time. Its probably the fact that my front carrier bearings are going out and causing more friction and resistance.

djblade311 said:
buying shitty gas? (arco? valero?) Probably. Been using Arco since its the cheapest.

I get about 190 miles to a 12-13 gallon tank on arco or valero, and about 240 miles on that same tank with chevron or shell.

Cheaper at the pump isnt cheaper in the tank..

cal said:
I get about 190 miles to a 12-13 gallon tank on arco.

I can honestly say I have no idea how many miles I'd get out of Arco!

I've the red Jeep for almost nine years now and it's never had a drop of Arco in that time.

Theres an arco that used to be a shell somewhere I drive alot. I forget to fill up before i get there and need gas..

My HO gets great mileage...

it approaches infinte now that ive bought a trailer :D

Now, my diesel on the other hand, averages 19mpg... :D

my wifes 90 xj bone stock is getting 21+ MPG average. including about 30% city driving. getting about 300 miles on a 13 gal tank. At best I was getting 18-19 in my 93

Gerr said:
What did you do make the family push ????? oh i get it its payback for you having to sleep in the busted tent :looney:

lol nope

65 the whole way, no traffic no stops. 10w 605s 91w and i coasted most of the way down out of the mountains :D

Back