• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

soon to be new to the area

TheManch

NAXJA Forum User
i wasn't sure if i should put this in chit chat but i thought here would work too...

soon enough i'll be moving to the Coast Guard Small Boat station in Coos Bay Oregon. I've heard there are some dunes around that area but i was wondering what there were for trails and such. I've never been further west thatn Utah and that was only for skiing, i am looking for any info people from that area might have on wheeling, camping and generally anything fun to do!!

thanks for the help!!!

Mike

what's up fellow coastie brethren, i'm sure you'll find the northwest beats the crap out of the east coast in every aspect. afterall they don't call it " the great atlantic northeast". coos bay is cool, i was in astoria for a few years. alot of people are into playing in the sand down there, alot of dunes. there are also a ton of trails near tillamook, good luck, congrats on getting away from the east coast.

Well thanks for the early welcomes....im just glad to be away from Massachusetts or will be soon enough. I did some quick searching and found a few areas to play within reasonable distance, looks like im gonna have to get my hands on a class 2 atv sticker/permit, shouldn't be too hard becuase there is one place right in Coos Bay where i can get one. Dunes will be cool but my 4.0 powered, x-terrain shod ZJ probably wouldn't be the best suited vehicle for the big climbs. Im more interested in trails, looks like teh Tillamook State forrest and a few other areas might have what im looking for.

Mike

TheManch said:
Im more interested in trails, looks like teh Tillamook State forrest and a few other areas might have what im looking for.

Mike

Welcome to the great NW Mike. We are planning a run at Browns camp in TSF, May 11, 12, 13th. come check it out.

TheManch said:
If i can i'll spin my wheels over there, i might get shunned because i drive a ZJ though!!!!!

Mike

Not in the Great NW! Read the cover story from this issue of JeepFreek (linked below). My wife's rig is the mentioned "bone stock ZJ".... even though it has some minor mods... Everyone is welcome although there seems to be a tendency to convert them to XJs..... :roll:

http://jpfreek.com/Images/magazine/issue_6.pdf

There is plenty of good wheeling, hiking, camping, skiing, mt climbing, etc, etc, etc...... here in the PNW.

We would love to have you on any of our trail rides, and it is probably a pretty good place to get to know a few people and places.

We have plenty of ZJ's and other "Jeep's" in the group that are not XJ's. Most of them seem to be either daily drivers or tow rig's ;)

Either way, welcome and we look forward to seeing you over here.

Michael

Metal Thrasher said:
Not in the Great NW! Read the cover story from this issue of JeepFreek (linked below). My wife's rig is the mentioned "bone stock ZJ".... even though it has some minor mods... Everyone is welcome although there seems to be a tendency to convert them to XJs..... :roll:

http://jpfreek.com/Images/magazine/issue_6.pdf
You're never going to let me live that down, are you? ;)

BTW, that article was in the last issue.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
You're never going to let me live that down, are you? ;)

BTW, that article was in the last issue.

-----Matt-----

Wuv U Matt!:smootch: My shrink feels that your description in the media may have lead to my purchasing a highly modified XJ to compensate.... That plus I was tired of the "you better not scratch it." from the wife.

And!!, I KNOW you truly envy the ZJ's purple seat cover. :roll:

Issue SIX. The NW Chapter's own IXNAXJ on the cover and reporting from the scene.

the dunes are a BLAST!!! was there last weekend, just north of Coos Bay. I make the fast and furious run from here at lovely ft. lewis down to Umqua about every other weekend, that or i'm heading home to eastern wa to work on my never ending jeep project.

welcome to the pnw chapter the re are a few of us coasties on the board I am in astoria on a 210 about 5 hours north of coos bay. I was at station chetco river which is 2 hours south of you. oregon coast is beautiful. Good luck at your surf station. I was stationed with a guy there Bm3 wakefield, good guy little talkative. he will take care of you.

allen

Bm2 newman

Well im officially in the area and it seems like there will be plenty of wheeling around me, whether its dunes or trails. The PNW is beautiful i know i see a lot of lifted trucks and jeeps around so apparently im not the only one, haha! Now the problem at hand is my jeep, I've got assorted scary noises and no garage to work on getting rid of said scary noises, and i sure can't afford to just hand it to a garage for a week or two...........hmmm. Anyone have a preffered shop they like to use in the Coos Bay area for parts or labor?

Mike

Back