• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn 9.5ti vs 9.5si ?

EMSJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Warn 9.5ti vs 9.5si, is there really any reason to spend the extra $500 on this new winch when the 9.5ti does exactly the same thing, in the same package with just a little less feedback? I really don't want to throw another wad of cash at something I can live just as well without, help me out here.

I've got an SI and personally, I wouldn't go for it. The TI is (as you pointed out) virtually the same, and there have been far more TI's produced. One of the concerns I have is future service.

One minor aggravation is the chrome spool handle started rusting within a few months :mad:. I have an XD9000I that has been perfect for years :)

EMSJEEP said:
Warn 9.5ti vs 9.5si, is there really any reason to spend the extra $500 on this new winch when the 9.5ti does exactly the same thing, in the same package with just a little less feedback? I really don't want to throw another wad of cash at something I can live just as well without, help me out here.

BLING N more BLING

mikeforte said:
BLING N more BLING

Yes...but...

no solenoid pack to mount...and supposedly it is more weather resistant... I can deal with $900 and change if its gonna save my butt once or twice...if the extra $500 means it will work under the harshest conditions (the times when I need it the most, when something else might fail) then its worth it...but if not, then why?

What, no one else has "the bling"?:wave:

I doubt you will find many other folks with an SI. I'm the only person I know that bought into the hype and bought one :banghead:.

The lack of response is an answer in itself....as you said...
Looks like I might go with the ti just for the extra 25' and the solenoid pack.
Thanks Again!

Don't want to imply the SI is a waste, I just can't justify the cost.

I saw Quadratec list an SI for the first time in the current catalog. It was slightly more expensive then their new winch/air combo unit :shocked: . I got a pretty good price on mine as they were so new the retailer didn't know what to charge me :D .

Unless it means that the si will work when all else fails, and the ti is going to cr*p out on me, its not worth it, I won't use it that much, but when I do use it someones butt is going to be on the line, so maybe it'll be worth it, who knows. I think the ti will be plenty reliable, no?

Agreed - From what I've seen/read the TI is fine product :D . If I were able to do it again the TI is exactly what I would go for :)

9.5ti it is, on the way. Thanks for everything!

Back