• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6 lug 44? now what?

pats95xj

NAXJA Forum User
i just picked up a Dana 44 off a 91 grand wagoneer at the Pull-a-part for $85, only problem is 6 lug, other than that after measureing it seems to me the spring perches are the same as well as the flange to my d.s., did i measure correctly? so i figured all i need to do is fix the shock mounts, regear, full spool and chop off the whatever the trac bar thing is, so how do i go about to getting to 5x4.5, - shafts redrilled, get some new shafts and drums, lug adapters? thanks in advance

It would seem to me, that you may be able to drill the axles/drums to the 4.5 bolt pattern--just mark the pattern and see if there's room. I know you can't expand the 4.5 pattern out to 5.5, but can't see why can't go the other way. Otherwise, you'll either need to swap in new axles, etc. Or, you could keep the 6 lug pattern on the rear, and swap in a matching D44 in the front:D

i really appreciate the responses,the adapters are 2 inches thick!!, damn i would smash my fenders. do yall know tho if the 44 will bolt up (besides lugs), im pretty sure i measured up right?

Back