• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveline/Driveshaft shops?

CanMan

NAXJA Forum User
Need to get my front DS lengthened 2.75" and balanced, since it is going in the rear. I know of Aukeen(sp?) Driveline down by the Boeing Surplus in Kent. Wondering if there are any other local (King/Pierce County) shops.

John, Phil know of any other place or reccomend one? Anyone else too?

Thanks.

Avanteone said:
I was assuming he wanted someone honest, fair, and competent. :doh:

While the description is a little 'harsh', that's been our experience, too. ;)

Tom Wood for a new shaft, Aukeen for mods. You have any good stories about DLNW, Mark? I don't know anyone who has had good luck with them.

I have no experience with Aukeen so I'm not making a comparison here but I have had several successful trips to Fleetpride on S. Tacoma Way just off Pine St. They did quality work at a reasonable price and did it pretty quick. They are not a 4x4 specialty shop like Tom Woods so they don't always have all the parts in stock to build custom 4x4 shafts. They primarily work on commercial truck stuff.
Steve

hysiderafter said:
I have no experience with Aukeen so I'm not making a comparison here but I have had several successful trips to Fleetpride on S. Tacoma Way just off Pine St. They did quality work at a reasonable price and did it pretty quick. They are not a 4x4 specialty shop like Tom Woods so they don't always have all the parts in stock to build custom 4x4 shafts. They primarily work on commercial truck stuff.
Steve

X2... or so..

I've had very good experience /w Fleetpride as far as rebuilding CV's, balancing, etc.... but I didn't think they got into lengthening/shortening on the smaller stuff like our driveshafts.

J

Just found out that the driveline i had made at fleet pride a year ago has been seized up for months. I believe its the cause for my exhaust manifold being cracked in 2 pieces.

I pulled it off(or tried to)to fix a leak in my sye, and it would not collapse. I had to pry it off with a ball joint fork. Once removed, I tried to get it to move, no luck. Its as stiff as a stock driveline.

Its kinda scary to know i had been driving for who knows how long without a slip joint in the rear of my rig.

Dumb azz jeep owner
Jamez

XJLaredo said:
Just found out that the driveline i had made at fleet pride a year ago has been seized up for months. I believe its the cause for my exhaust manifold being cracked in 2 pieces.

I pulled it off(or tried to)to fix a leak in my sye, and it would not collapse. I had to pry it off with a ball joint fork. Once removed, I tried to get it to move, no luck. Its as stiff as a stock driveline.

Its kinda scary to know i had been driving for who knows how long without a slip joint in the rear of my rig.

Dumb azz jeep owner
Jamez

That's what caused your leak then too. Jacked your bearings in your TC along with your seal. Check for play and good luck!

ECKSJAY said:
I don't know anyone who has had good luck with them.

I have always used DLNW. I have always been happy with them, and all of the work I have ever had them do has always been good, good service, never a problem, always have what I need in stock, and have always been quick.

I don't believe they are cheap, but to be honest I don't have much of a comparison since I have never used anyone else.

What is all this bad experience? Is it just price? Or is there something else?
Keep in mind I always use the one up in Everett, I don't know of anyone else in the area (North of Seattle)?

Michael

Back