• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Rails that work with Rubicon Express Lift

ratoutjian

NAXJA Forum User
I recently had a Rubicon Express 7.5" lift put on my '99 Cherokee. The builder said that the huge plate that goes from pinch weld on ond side toto pinch weld on the other allows for the connection point for the control arms but now seems to take up space for the point of connection on all the rock rails I have researched. Every rail either wants to use the part of the pinch seam or other connection point that is now occupied (covered) by the plate. Anyone found a good, solid rock rail that works with Rubicon Express and a set of Bushwacker flarres, or do I have a set of custom rails made ( I can draw the design, but how much will it cost?)?

Looking for input....
Andre:flame:

I had a customer with the same setup basically and he just had me send it and modified it himself. After seeing how it's setup in pics and what he had to do to make it work I'm confident that I could build a set to work out fine. Might need a few measurements from you as a "make sure it's right" but no huge deal.

AJ
Thanks for your reply. I can send you a schematic of the available space for mounting on the unibody inner "frame" piece as well as what areas of the pinch weld seam are taken up by the plate. Can you give me a fax number. I'll fax the drawings and then e-mail you photos of the under side of the XJ so you can see exactly what I am talking about.
Thanks,
Andre Toutjian

I'm running the same setup as you,7.5 longarm with Buswackers on my 2000 XJ. I had the same problem,finally found what I was looking for from JCR OFFROAD. They make their sliders to work around the RE crossmember and their prices are very good.

Back