• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I got bored today:

Avanteone

NAXJA Forum User
And decided to cut/groove my tires...and I'm pretty pleased /w the results. I wanted to change SOMETHING... didn't particularly care what. :lol: I figured some new sharp edges couldn't hurt on the rocks in Moab. Took me just under two hours /w Chad's groover. Here's what they look like:

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

John

That looks awfully tedious John. It does look prety cool though, should get more grip now. Have fun in Moab.

Jamez.

wow, you know your rig is about as far as it can be when u start spending 2 hrs trimming rubber off the tires. how much weight were you able to drop from all that? Your rig is looking bad ass John.
bowdown.gif
wish i could be there to see you kick Moabs ass.

XJLaredo said:
That looks awfully tedious John.

Not too tedious... first tire took 35-40 minutes, 2nd tire took 30 minutes... next ones took about 15 minutes each. One of the guys in our club has a very nice 250w tire groover, 15 minutes to warm up and it cuts NICE. Probably doesn't hurt that the Krawlers have a nice soft compound.

J

Looks like you are gonna be getting better traction now!!! Did he pick up that groover at the Puyallup swapmeet?? I was going to get one but kinda forgot too. Never used one but figured couldnt be that hard, maybe even fun... then again i would prolly get carried away and end up with a pile of rubber and some steel belts.... lol

wheres the licence plate(s) mod pics at??

And anyone else have problems getting on PNW today??? Guessing it must be down

Back