• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My gears and lockers are broken....

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
IN.

Met up with 95heep (marc) his gal Georgia and we stumbled on a toyota guy with no one to wheel with. Was my shakedown run for the new gears and aussie's. was Marcs first time wheelin in Oregon. we ran the usuall trails at browns. The crushers was like a parking lot. at one point there were 16 rigs up there at the same time. Damn! it was packed! i finally had the balls to jump in the rock garden on firebreak5 and even ran up mini rubi (twice). This is my first time ever having lockers. WOW!!!!!!! what a difference....and the gears, a big WOW there also. it is truelly amazing what a difference they make. anyway, all in all everything went very smooth. no carnage except for a few love taps on the sliders. Marc broke in his new tires. Those things are awesome also. they were like lil hands reaching out and grabbing anything and everything for traction. very impressive! anyway enough babbling, here's the pic's. videos are coming. i'm sure Marc will post up also, when he gets back to Corvalis. Was nice to meet ya Marc. Had an awesome time!!!
100_0874.jpg

100_0873.jpg

100_0870.jpg

100_0871.jpg

100_0863.jpg

100_0868.jpg

100_0861.jpg

100_0860.jpg

000_0061.jpg

000_0059.jpg

000_0058.jpg

000_0057.jpg

Looks like a good time.

That orange yota looks alot like Jason Veal's truck, but thats definitely not Jason.

Crazy how spread out that rock garden is. Back in the day no one woulda been driving thru there that quick.

ya, we all actually made that same comment about the rock garden. you actually can put a tire on the dirt now and then. the mud under the rocks made it a lil slickery (for some of us)

MY how the money pit has grown, she's so big now.:D

Why the spotter at Hogsback? I didn't need one, made it more fun that way:laugh3:

We all got to get together again sometime.

Jamez.

XJLaredo said:
MY how the money pit has grown, she's so big now.:D

Why the spotter at Hogsback? I didn't need one, made it more fun that way:laugh3:

We all got to get together again sometime.

Jamez.

the spotter was actually my fault. i was freeking out about Marc's 13.5" tires. needless to say he was fine. Yes, the money pit has grown beyond daddy's pockets now. time to take out a 2nd on the house and start living in the jeep, lol. Hopefully i will be seeing ya'll at NWfest. We'll have to get u guys down here and do it Oreeeegon style again too.

Looks like the weather cooperated with you guys and dried the trails out some. I dont think I can remember Browns Camp being dry.

Ive also never seen someone make it up mini rubicon, and the day im not there everyone makes it. Sounds like the lockers and gears lived up to your expectations. How were the aussies on the road, noticeable?

That red XJ (95heep?) is awsome looking. I have always like the look of red with the black sport rockers. 13.5 LTB's, TJ flares. Well done sir!:yelclap:
-Ryan

Dustin, the aussies aren't that bad on the road. a lil light popping on the corners in 2 wheel drive, but not bad. in 4 wheel drive on the gravel roads i have to say i do miss my short turning radius, but it is well worth having to make a few 12 point turns.

Browns Camp is pretty awesome. We all had a blast. Good weather, lil tacky, great people,= good times!! Rod was an awesome host :worship: . Thank you sir. Thanks for the props on the 95heep Ryan. looking forward to meeting more of the members. Gonna try to post some pics n vids. (comp tard) http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s304/95heep/?action=view&current=BROWNSCAMP059.flv Couldnt post vids like Rod, click the link for some LIL RUBI action

BROWNSCAMP019.jpg

Last edited:
Back