• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vaccume for 89 xj and other problems

DurbElites

NAXJA Forum User
my friend has an 89 xj with a 5 speed peugot and he jsut got everything rebuilt and back but he didn't think to put labels on anything so he called me over to help. the problem is the vaccum lines are all brand new and he doesn't remember where any of them went and my xj doesnt have any of the same connections he does so does anyone have pictures of the vaccum lines for a 89 xj 4.0 so i have a good chance at figuring this out? also we have the hanes book and so far its not helping at all i have most of the lines but there is a few i cant get yet like, the connection between the egr and throttle body, and towards the firewall connections. The other problem was with his re extreme duty long arm kit, he has the peugot and the crossmember is too far back and his trans cant mount up to the crossmember the mount is half way off of the front of it. is this because the peugot is a shorter trans than the ax-15 or is it the wrong crossmember????

The peugot and the AX IIRC, are different sizes, I beleive thats why when you do the peougot/AX15 swap you have to mive the crossmember back, At least I did. And as for your EGR vacumn line, it doesn't go to the intake manifold, it goes from solinoid on your drivers side inner fender to EGR valve under the intake manifold (EGR looks like a funky bell shaped thing.) I I re-ran all my vacumn plumbing with rubber line and got rid of alot of the extranous stuff years ago.
The only (metered) plastice still on vacumn is the map sensor to intake,. I will try to find my renix vacumn line diagram. If I do... someone will have to walk me to the steps of putting on here, Heck I will just PDF it to you, I will look in a bit. good luck

thanks for the info but he is stuck with his peugot for a while until he gets some cash but thats the prob he is having right now the crossmember is too short by like six inches and we cant just move it up six inches. if he had the ax 15 it look to jsut bolt right up but i am trying to figure out if re sent the wrong crossmember or they didn't accomodate for the peugot and i have to make an extention braket to fix the problem he is in. and as for the vaccum line i have just an empty connection in between the egr and throttle body the egr line is already hooked up but what is the line inbetween the two?

ok that line is hooked up i think i said that in the post above but there is still an open connection BETWEEN THE EGR AND THROTTLE BODY i am not concerned about the vaccum line that the egr uses because its already hooked up. the open connection might be another vaccum line or a vapor hose i think someone metioned at the engine shop but thats what i need to figure out either with a pic or part number.

88vacnames.jpg

Back