• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35s on RE 4.5":

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I know its common place nowadays, but just cause I get asked and see tons of the same questions over and over I'll post a pic. I started on 33s then 35s then 33s, now 35s again. I do know these tires on 3.75" bs wheels scrubed a slight bit compared to my 35" MTRs on 4.25 bs wheels, but those rubbed the LCAs. I know people running 35s on 3" lift, but as for a cleanly cut Jeep:

myjeepside.jpg

BTW, always used a Dremel to cut my fenders, Dremel now has these new quick lock change out discs that arer 10x better than the old ones. Used 1.5 blades to trim the second time around. Once I get my TNT LAs mounted it will push that front axle forward some.

Me on 33s last weekend:

DSC00614.jpg

My friend watching me trim:

rabbit.jpg

Last edited:
offroad3.jpg

One of the nicest XJ's I've seen. :thumbup:

Looks great...on both rigs.

Hey, on the black XJ...I know where to get the rear quarter c-rok panels...but where did you get the ones that go over the bottoms of the doors? There's a black XJ locally here that looks exactly like yours, and he has the same things...I have yet to find them. Any info would be awesome!

dcXJ said:
Looks great...on both rigs.

Hey, on the black XJ...I know where to get the rear quarter c-rok panels...but where did you get the ones that go over the bottoms of the doors? There's a black XJ locally here that looks exactly like yours, and he has the same things...I have yet to find them. Any info would be awesome!

Here ya go!

http://www.performancemw.com/products/index.html

riverfever said:
One of the nicest XJ's I've seen. :thumbup:

Thanks, still gotta mount my rear bumper, and 1/4 panal armor. :jester:

what kind of wheeling do you two do? ive got a 5inch lift on my xj with 33's and my fenders are cut more than both of the pictures above and they rub so bad it has cut my tires...and i really want to go to 35's

glensxj said:
what kind of wheeling do you two do? ive got a 5inch lift on my xj with 33's and my fenders are cut more than both of the pictures above and they rub so bad it has cut my tires...and i really want to go to 35's

What kind of wheeling? a little bit of everything but i love rocks........

IMG_2441.jpg

sounds like you need some bumpstopping!

mattyj said:
What kind of wheeling? a little bit of everything but i love rocks........

IMG_2441.jpg

sounds like you need some bumpstopping!
ya didnt know if you two used them as mudders. sounds like bump stops are what i need thanks!

glensxj said:
ya didnt know if you two used them as mudders. sounds like bump stops are what i need thanks!

No, not to much mud around here...... just high desert!

cute bunny

Looks good. I plan on losing my 5.5" springs when I go 35s. That way I will still have the same approach and departure angles as I have now, and the same COG but have a bigger tire.

Yeah I am probably going back to 33s in MTZ flavor. I like 4.56s and 33s perfect, 35s makes the Jeep a tad slower. Mainly 35s add alot of stress to parts and I am still bumpstopped for 33s.

and I wheel rock, mud, hills, everything

I have a few friends with MTZs, they rock. They will be what I go with when I step up to a 35. I have the stroker to make up for the loss of gearing since I have 4.56s as well.

BlueCuda said:
I have a few friends with MTZs, they rock. They will be what I go with when I step up to a 35. I have the stroker to make up for the loss of gearing since I have 4.56s as well.

Ohh well you'll be fine, I mean its not sluggish just not what she was with 33s, which was faster than a stocker, lol.

Back