• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a ball joint press.

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
I need to borrow a ball joint press to get out a stuburn u joint out.

Looking for someone that may have one that lives in moreno valley riverside or perris.

Im strapped for cash right now called a shop the guy quoted me 80 dollars I told the guy he was crazy.

This is my axle shaft. I have a big c clamp that i was trying, but it is just bending the hell out of the handle.

homebrew said:
Im strapped for cash right now called a shop the guy quoted me 80 dollars I told the guy he was crazy.

Why, because you don't have the means to repair and maintain your rig, the guy got to listen to you bash him for quoting a price that keeps him doing what he does for a living?

Because you think that price is unfair?

Because you think that you are "entitled" to assign "your" cost values on someone elses business?

Because you didn't have the money to begin with?

Because of your extensive business experience doing this exact operation, you know for a fact that you will be making the required to stay in business revenue nessesary and not lose out due to the slightest complication in which you would have had to go back to your own grumbling about price self to show you why it's going to cost more than the initial quote, only to hear you complain in potentially offensive terms because it's going to cost you more?

Seriously, I hope someone can help you out close by, I would be happy to if you can make it up here, which, is the great thing about this Org. But to hear some folks whining about this cost or that cost, where the root of the problem lays more with doing something you're having trouble affording, and then transfering that issue to people who make their living from the work you require, although in vogue, is frankly, assnine.

Again, I have everything you'll need and would be happy to help you out if you can't get ahold of someone locally. PM me.

--ron

No need to bash I was simply saying that the quote of 80 dollars was a bit high the guy made it out to be this complicated process that was so involved that only a shop could do. there are just alot of shops out there that will take advantage of a person just because they are in a tight spot.

For examle I was calling around for prices to have a set of tires mounted this one shop wanted well over 100 dollars. The above mentioned shop only charged me forty which was a great deal. I dont expect to be handed anything but only to be given a fair price. I could see paying that much if they had to pull the shaft then press the old joint out and put a new one in.

Thanks for the offer.

yo man it aint shit really....
do you have the shaft pulled and ready to go?

ill show you how to do it today if youd like to meet me today up there somewhere seeing how ill be in san bernardino this weekend.

call my cell (909) 910 7849,ill hook it up

just go to pepboys and get thier full nice ball joint kit. I think its like 100$ but they return the $ when you bring it back in same condition. takes abotu an hour each side to fully do the work with the right tool(s).

Back