• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE Install in Garden Grove

FinalBossX

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys.

I'm off to the junkyards to find a front driveshaft today for the SYE install. I plan on installing it tomorrow if possible. Anyone want to help? I'll provide the Beer!

-Mike

did ya get it done? Which one did you install?

Sorry I was out of town

I went to both pick a parts in Orange County and there were no XJ's. I bought a driveshaft from eBay yesterday so I plan on installing it when it arrives. Sometimes, things don't work out like you plan them. Oh, and its an Advanced Adapters SYE. Thanks for the inquiry Josh.

-Mike

Ad Lucem said:
I went to both pick a parts in Orange County and there were no XJ's. I bought a driveshaft from eBay yesterday so I plan on installing it when it arrives. Sometimes, things don't work out like you plan them. Oh, and its an Advanced Adapters SYE. Thanks for the inquiry Josh.

-Mike

I went to the PAP on Katella and they did have a black 4door 86 XJ (4wd) there last saturday. It was near the back. Had a nondisco HP D30 and factory front skid. Was it gone?

No, that was the only one there but there was nothing underneath it. One dude wrenching on it recommended the other pap so I went there and nothing was there as well. I'm waiting for a ds from ebay and i'm talking to another member here as well for one. I wanted this thing ready for BB too.... oh well, live and learn

Call Ray @ OC Driveline or PowerTrain and see if they can help locate one for ya.

I live in garden grove so the headline on this thread caught my eye, and then lead me to a question... if you are getting an SYE isn't that for the rear DS not the front? I will be lifting soon so I am trying to stay in the loop on mods.
thanks...

funny though i frequent both the PYP you mentioned, rarely is there anything worth wrenching in the sun for

floppy said:
if you are getting an SYE isn't that for the rear DS not the front?
the front xfer case output is fixed so the front driveshaft is double cardan, once you convert the rear to fixed yoke you will need a dc driveshaft, front shafts will work in the rear with a sye

Back