• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Axles + ABS + 4 Wheel Discs

dlarrivee

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning on putting a 9" Ford axle in the rear of my XJ with an 11" disc brake kit. And a D44 in the front, with discs too of course.

My truck has ABS right now, but the new axles will not have tone rings on them, and the ABS will be useless.

Since I will have 4 wheel disc brakes, I'm assuming I will only need a master cylinder, booster, and proportioning valve, am I correct?

The combination valve, and ABS spaghetti box next to MC can be removed?
(I wont need a metering valve with 4 discs)

Is there anything else I need to remove, or anything I'm not covering?

It's a 2001. Did you leave the pump in there but re-route the lines? Or did you just pull the fuses for it and leave it?

dlarrivee said:
It's a 2001. Did you leave the pump in there but re-route the lines? Or did you just pull the fuses for it and leave it?

you will need an adj proportioning valve or the oring removal of the stock one may do. teh MC and booster will be fine, but you could go after market for more perormance but more work

Yeah I just wanted to make sure, brakes are pretty important.

I'm thinking about just getting a proper adjustable proportioning valve for the rear discs, Wilwood or whatever... Might as well do it properly.

If I do upgrade the MC, I would probably need to get a different booster too?

Back