• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shaking at idle

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
So basically sometimes when i'm just sitting still and idling the jeep will start to shake, getting pretty bad sometimes. i'll give it some gas and then it starts shaking again. if i put it in nuetral or reverse or drive it still shakes. im pretty sure i have an exhaust leak somewhere but could that be the problem? my check engine light is on due to a faulty o2 sensor, but i dont know whats causing the shaking. any ideas?

stock 2001
auto tranny

Motor mounts? could have a bad plug not firing, engine thrown off balance....

I'm currently having this exact same problem. Same code from my O2 sensor, and I have an exhaust leak... haha. But I'm sure those are unrelated.

I've checked vacuum hoses, the cap & rotor, and many other things. I'm about to pull all the spark plugs to see what they look like.

I was almost wondering if a stuck injector might be causing problems as well? But I don't notice any drop in power. Confused...

Herzog said:
Not sure about his, but all of mine are just fine.

you check em real good? like hop under there and have someone pulse the throttle while you get a good look at each one with a light? sometimes they "look" good but when removed you can see the center dowel is not even attatched to the rubber.

When was the last time you checked the air cleaner? A plugged air cleaner or cat will do that. Take the air cleaner out and see what your idle does.

Back