• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 "thick" 4.10 gears

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I now have my "xj' dana 44 (good deal $75 junkyard!!!) Well anyways i need to regear to 4.10 an have the 3.07 - 3.73 carrier an saw thick gears for this carrier in the ratio i need.my question is where to get these gears for the best price an how much can i expect to pay????:roll:

I just got my 4x4 werkin an only went to Uwharrie once last couple weeks ago an want to go again,UNCC have you been there an what trails have you gone on? My xj is an 88 with 6.5 " lift TNT long arms 33x12.50 all terain tires,not BFG,just want to know which trails are ok for stock dana 30 large u joint shafts and 29 spline 8.25 rear, NO lockers,:tear: .I see a b c rated from easy to hrad .any sugestions?

I live in nc an i actually went to PORC in georgia, when i went there for tech school ,not to PORC tech school HYUNDAI tech school,an got an Advanced Adapters SYE at THE same price as there PORC SYE!!!! soo maybe ill give em a call as you did,great people at the counter there too.

actaully that tip werked awesome-krawler- i just got the thread thingy they send ya in the email and went to the rubi-forum,registered and in 2 searches i found someone selling gears- pmed him and 20 minutes latter he replied -he had 2 sets but i only need one and he would seperate-$30 for the one i want-plus i am heading his way towards atlanta tommorow and he is 1 hr away!!!:laugh3: SWEET!!!!! thatx agauin man............:thumbup:

I'm in the same boat, I have the D44 with 3.53 gears. So getting thick 4.10 gears will work in the same carrier as the 3.53? Can you post the rubicon link? Tks.

hey i am pickin up a set when i go to atlanta from a guy there he actually has 2 sets of these gears.I dunno u whant me 2 pick ya up thoses too.He told me $30 for 1 set $60 for both soooo maybe i can hook ya up????

yeah i herd / read that the rubicon 44 gears are thick gears like you would get if it was an aftermarket new set, for the smaller numbered cases- up to 3.92 ? yeah mine has the 3.54 gears in it now.Only thing i would suggest/thought of is try to match the old wear pattern on the used gears ya get.

Back