• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back from Moab - here's some pics

hysiderafter

NAXJA Member #1296
We just got back on Sunday from a 10 day trip to Moab. My wife and I with our XJ, my son Ryan with the green full size 77 Cherokee that came to NW Fest (check out his latest mods) and my brother and his son with their TJ got in 6 great days of wheeling. Weather was great for the most part. We got blown out of Sand Flats by 55mph winds one day but had fun that night in Moab enjoying dinner out, hot tubbing and swimming at the Best Western. Like I said last year, Moab is a lot of fun and has stuff for everyone to enjoy. You can wheel some of the best trails you'll find anywhere, camp, hike, mountain bike, sightsee, shop and eat great food and do it all in the sun for the most part. It was probably upper 60's the coolest days and usually mid 70's to 80 on the warm days. This trip we did Poison Spider Mesa, Fins & Things, Long's Canyon, Gemini Bridges, Bull Canyon, Onion Creek, Rose Garden Hill, Hell's Revenge, Gold Bar Rim, Golden Spike and Sevenmile Rim (with a short side trip to do Wipe Out Hill). Only carnage was the FS Cherokee almost tearing the steering gear off the frame on Gold Bar Rim. We got it back together with 2 out of 3 bolts and some creative support from a come along. Don't panic when you see the first few pics, I thought maybe some of you would enjoy the scenery and some might want some material to show the wife how nice it is there. The wheeling pictures are there too. I'll probably post some other pics once I get mine developed and scanned. If I can find time I'll try to edit some video and post a link to it. Hope all of you can find time to visit this place sometime. Matt, you will love it! Hope you and John and the rest of your group have a great trip.
Steve

CampH7.JPG

Camping at Sand Flat's
mountains.JPG

LaSal Mountains and Moab red rock
flower.JPG

Wildflowers are all over the place in the spring
snake.jpg

Even saw some of the local wildlife

And here's the wheeling pics
HR1.jpg

HR2.jpg

Ledge.jpg

MEclimb.jpg

RyanWedgy.jpg

wipeout1.jpg

wipeout2.jpg

Tub1.jpg

Tub3.jpg

steeringgearcable.jpg

Great pics. In the trips I've made I've yet to see a snake :) hahaha I am SOOOO pumped. My wife's got the enclosed trailer all organized and ready to go... I've got a short list of stuff left to do to the XJ and tow rig and I'm READY! hahahaha

J

Sweet Pic's!!

The full size looks VERY nice!!

Michael

Back