• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Part # for SYE flange adapter? and SYE install Qs...

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Got a PORC HD SYE I wanna install on my new to me np231. I have a pretty new HAD cv drivesahft off my np242 HnT and I want to still be able to use it. Anyone have a part # for a flange adapter to mount on the new fixed yoke?

Or would it be better to get my driveshaft modified for the yoke?

Also only issue I;ve ever had installing an HD SYE in a 231 (5 years ago) was the dang oil sump thingee and I would finally get it all back together and when I put the shifter in 4wd it would grind. So anyways giving this another shot, this time the case is out to the Jeep and I can take my time. Anything I need to know? (besides a good set of snapring plyers, errr)

Ohh and np242 and 231s are the same length correct? :eyes:

thanks, but guessing thats not a 32 spliner since its for a np242.

ZachMan said:
thanks, but guessing thats not a 32 spliner since its for a np242.

Thats my thread he posted that in and the part number is for the adpter( which mates the SYE flange you have to the double cardon shaft.)
Thats what you asked for that adapter has nothing to do with the spines of the output shaft of your transfer case. the SYE flange did that part.

Okay do they make a Yoke adapter you a flange stye cv shaft? My shaft may be a tad short so adding an adapter to it my make it work oka.

HAD shaft and np242 w/ RE HnT (going to np231 and HD SYE):

jeep324.jpg

So instead of taking the flage off and bolting the ds up like this to the yoke:

SYE13.jpg

To make the shaft longer I am just curious if they make something to bolt onto my flange on the ds to the yoke on the t-case?

Last edited:
Ohh I am just taking the flange off and getting the shaft lengthend.

Thats what I would have done,no need for extra parts/weight.But at least JB a basically in your back yard!!:)

Back