• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing rear speakers?

Jeep_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I want to take out the speakers and the rear soundbar from the back of a 94' Cherokee, what is the easiest way to do this? what is under the soundbar? Thanks for any help.

easiest way is to remove the trim pieces above the rear windows, the sound bar is resting on them. they slide toward the rear once you remove the screws, dont pry on them our you'll bend them up, those ones are metal not plastic. then just unplug the wires and you're done. theres probably a hole in the headliner for the wires to come out. oh yeah if yours has a dome light on it take that off first, i think its screwed into the body and the soundbar wont move if you dont take it off first.

i wish i could remember what i did with mine, it dissapeared in the garage and i never found it lol. selling yours? i'd be interested if you are

hope this helps
-mike

Hey, thanks for the quick reply, I got the soundbar out but theres wiring that goes into the side panels, where do they go? I need to take the wiring with the soundbar so I can put it in another Jeep. The wirinf is 4 blue wires together, they goto the speakers, and the wires go into the panelling together (wrapped in a casing) Is there a connector where this wire goes? Thanks.

yep i believe there is a connector in there. you could always just clip the wires off as well and tape over them so they dont short out.

you might be able to bend it back without completely taking it off.

Back