• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crucial Desicion

Jess Jarrett

NAXJA Forum User
I am a proud owner of a 1988 XJ. Since 2004 I’ve had a 3 inch lift and 31 inch tires. I feel that it is time for a change. I really would love to move up to 32’s and 4.5 lift. If I do this would I have to get a SYE, new driveshafts, adjustable control arms, and an adjustable trac-bar? Are there any options? Would a long travel yoke work? Camp Jeep is at the end of July and I need new tires. If I can do this before Camp Jeep it would be amazing. I am a college student and my budget isn’t that big. If I can’t upgrade I guess I will have to 31's and stick them for a few more years. Any input would be greatly appreciated

what type of lift are you running now? Full coils, full spring packs or spacers and AAL/shackle? If you are looking at keeping costs down but must go up and have full coils and spring packs just add a coil spacer and shackle. Not the best long term solution but will work just fine and thats what I did. You may have to trim a bit to fit 32"s, just remember to add bump stops.

I have full spring packs and full coils, but my coils started to sag so i bought .75" spacers. I was going to buy full 4.5" coils and 1.5" shackles. I just want to be careful because my good friend had and 3 inch lift and then added 3 more inches by spacers and blocks and his tranny literally exploaded as he was driving down the road. I think that may have been because of the blocks screwing up the pinion angle.

Back