• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know the answers still have problem (caliper knuckle threads stripped)

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
I know you can use a Helicoil to fix this problem...called around everyone local and nobody has them in stock, going to be 4-5 days to ship them in, I have about... 12 hours to get my jeep fixed (it's my DD)

I also read that you can poop some weld into the threads and redrill and retap the hole for the caliper mount... I have access to a welder...a 110v mig Flux Core and a 220v Arc - Will either of these be up to the job?

We tried cleaning it up with a tap last night but the beginning threads are beyond fucked... I could run a longer bolt but I want to do this right...

Off hand what should the hole be tapped to? A tap that looked like it would work was 5/16,

you can also just through bolt them. get longer bolt, put nut on other side, tighten, and you're done. just remember what you did next time you want to remove the caliper!

Back