• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tnt Y-link making noise.

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
everytime i drive down the street and my suspension gets compressed any little bit. the joint at the bellypan makes a pop noise. like its loose or somethine. its tight as can be what do i do?

If it's the same joint that they use on their trac bar it needs to be adjusted. It has a tiny allen set screw that locks it and it must be losened. These loosen and fall out on their own and this may be the problem. The ring then gets tightened to 35 Foot pound with a pin punch. Imajine if you will 35 pounds but the joint shoud be very very hard to move by hand. A screwdriver in the joint should almost be necessary and you will be about 35 pounds. Use locktight on the set screw because they fall out. TNT called me two days ago and I'm telling you what they told me.

Stumpalump said:
If it's the same joint that they use on their trac bar it needs to be adjusted. It has a tiny allen set screw that locks it and it must be losened. These loosen and fall out on their own and this may be the problem. The ring then gets tightened to 35 Foot pound with a pin punch. Imajine if you will 35 pounds but the joint shoud be very very hard to move by hand. A screwdriver in the joint should almost be necessary and you will be about 35 pounds. Use locktight on the set screw because they fall out. TNT called me two days ago and I'm telling you what they told me.

Yep......the SF bushing is loose.

i installed the kit about 2 months ago but still not on the road driving. took it out for a spin last night and noticed the noise. ill check the "sf" joint. any suggestions on how to remove it? not sure exactly where the screw is located. please

Back