• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

84 XJ for parts...Detroit Lockers, 4:56 gears

Mpower

NAXJA Forum User
I just got back from being overseas for 3 years and my project XJ has been sitting all that time. I have to get rid of it regretfully but it would make a great project for parts or a (3.4 swap) new motor. Here are the particulars:

84 XJ Wagoneer 2.8, 5 speed (woody) (( was pictured in JP magizine Nov 2000 crossing the river in Telico...XJ fest))
4 inch Trailmaster lift
Detroit Lockers both front and rear
4:56 gears
31 inch tires still holding air after 3 years
The front driveshaft was upgraded to a CJ version so no more cardigan joint.

Since it has been sitting so long it will not start. I just dont have the time to mess with it anymore. My loss is your gain. This would be a great 3.4 upgrade or just start taking parts off for you XJ. The body (has rust) and interior is beat.

I am asking 1200.00 OBO and it will need to be trailered since it is not running. The suspension, lockers, gears, wheels/tries and parts install cost me alomst 4000.00 and it was all installed by Dougs offroad of Maryville TN back in 1999 and i have the reciepts. I now live just outside of Lousiville KY.

The lockers and gears dont have much time on them. Only 2 times at Telico and i never drove it since it was gears so high.

If you are interested or would like more info please email me at [email protected].

Thanks for reading.

Back