• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwacker Flare Bolts Falling Out

ratoutjian

NAXJA Forum User
I just put on a set of Bushwacker fender flares on my son's '88 XJ. The mod was no problem. I didn't think we over torqued any of the bolts but some of them (3) have loosened up. One fell out. Any advise on replacing the two I still have? Buy a larger circumference bolt and put it in the same hole? What abut JB weld on the end? Looking for suggestions because I also have a set to put on my '99 XJ. Don't want the same problem.

Thanks for your time....
Andre

ratoutjian said:
I just put on a set of Bushwacker fender flares on my son's '88 XJ. The mod was no problem. I didn't think we over torqued any of the bolts but some of them (3) have loosened up. One fell out. Any advise on replacing the two I still have? Buy a larger circumference bolt and put it in the same hole? What abut JB weld on the end? Looking for suggestions because I also have a set to put on my '99 XJ. Don't want the same problem.

Thanks for your time....
Andre

I ripped a couple out. I just went to the next size bolt. I think it holds better than the original.

Back