• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rockkrawler longarms...pinion angle??

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well im going up another inch soon to about 6.5-7 inches, and wanted to go longarms. i was looking at rockkrawlers and theirs fit my budget i believe, but how do you set the pinion angle with them. i couldn't see any good pics, so couldn't tell if they were adjustable:dunno:

with your wb set, set your castor to factory, 5*-7* and you'll be fine. they are adjustable.

wheelbase

Adjust the lowers for the WB, then use the upper to set the pinion angle.

Here's a pic of my arms before install.

You can see the jam nuts on the bottom ends of all 3 arms.

IMGP0003Small.jpg

I think it's easier to adjust then stock because there is only one upper to adjust.

thats if he gets the 3 link... you may have to sacrafice some castor to get the pinion at a good angle.

how are your joints holding up??

RyanM said:
thats if he gets the 3 link... you may have to sacrafice some castor to get the pinion at a good angle.

how are your joints holding up??

You're right about sacrificing castor for the pinion. I just set the pinion and didn't worry about the castor.

So far the joints are holding up great. It rides and flexes great. I've only taken it out to play once and driven on the street a few times. Poor jeep needs a little more TLC before I beat on it too bad.

Back