• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power windows not working anymore.

MauriceGOL

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So after taking my doors on and off a few times the power windows no longer work. For a while they would work if I put pressure on the kick panel, now I got nothing. Should I just get some of that conductive stuff or whatever and do that or is this something else I should do. I am planning on making them manual via Porsche's strap method but in the mean time I would like a little protection from the rain.

My wife's 98 had the same problem, turned out that the connector to the
driver door module was loose.....took off the inner door panel and reseated the connector....all is good.

There is a connector behind the kick panel in the (88?), down low near the carpet, possible you pushed a pin partially out of the connector and it makes iffy contact.. Most times when they all quit, it is the circuit breaker in the fuse block. It falls out or gets kicked a few too many times and the spade type connector breaks off.

Thanks for the help fellas but I gave up on it and went to manual windows ala Porshe RS strap system.

Back