• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock height

xj joey

NAXJA Forum User
whats the stock height of a cherokee? i wanted to measure and find out how much height i gained with a 6in fulltraction lift and 33s over stock height. whats the height from the ground to the rocker/door seam?

Have you trimmed your femders?

Mine is 21" from the bottom of the rocker and that's with 4.5" of lift and 30" tires. My tire add about 1" so stock should be around 15.5 to 16" to the bottom.

you probably got around 8.5" of lift over stock hight because stock tires are about 28" and you get about 2.5" of lift from the tire difference and then you just add that to the amout of lift.

ratherbcamping said:
Mine is 21" from the bottom of the rocker and that's with 4.5" of lift and 30" tires. My tire add about 1" so stock should be around 15.5 to 16" to the bottom.

Pardon me for changing the topic, but do you get driveline vibs from that lift? Have SYE or tcase drop? Just wondering because I've got a 96 too.

Rod Knee said:
Pardon me for changing the topic, but do you get driveline vibs from that lift? Have SYE or tcase drop? Just wondering because I've got a 96 too.
I'm running a longer slip yoke, a 1" t-case drop and no shims. I put the t-case drop in because I had a knock during braking that I thought might be a u-joint binding. I had no vides before the drop. The knock turned out to be a brake drum, so I might pull the drop back out.

ratherbcamping said:
I'm running a longer slip yoke, a 1" t-case drop and no shims. I put the t-case drop in because I had a knock during braking that I thought might be a u-joint binding. I had no vides before the drop. The knock turned out to be a brake drum, so I might pull the drop back out.

So did you rig the longer slip yoke up yourself or are they available from a vendor? Do you think it works better than a SYE?

FitchVA said:
from the center of the hub to the bottom of the front fender flare should be 17.5"
from the center of the hub tot he bottom of the rear fender flare should be 17"
Correct.
IF,...... you have not trimmed your fenders.

Hale

Haleyes said:
Correct.
IF,...... you have not trimmed your fenders.

Hale

I've trimmed the chit out of my front fenders and the flares are still in the same location.

A more accurate statement would be to say, "IF you have not trimmed your flares and they are in the factory location."

I'm pretty sure that's what you meant though.

Dirk Pitt said:
I've trimmed the chit out of my front fenders and the flares are still in the same location.

A more accurate statement would be to say, "IF you have not trimmed your flares and they are in the factory location."

I'm pretty sure that's what you meant though.

Yes,
Yes it is.

Thank you for your attention to detail.

:viking:

Rod Knee said:
So did you rig the longer slip yoke up yourself or are they available from a vendor? Do you think it works better than a SYE?
I had three rear drive shafts and was able to use the longer yoke off of one with the longest drive shaft I had. The original one would have fallen off for sure. The yoke I used could have been an aftermarket one since it came off my 89 that came with a 3" lift on it.

I think a SYE is always better if running a rig on the trail a lot. I'm staying like this for now until I regear. I already own a 231 with a SYE on it. It's in storage with my spare AX-15. I grab spare parts when a good deal comes along.

Tom

Back