• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rockkrawler long arm, is it worth it??

bigblueandugly

NAXJA Forum User
my cherokee has a 6 inch lift with rusty's 6" rears, unkown 4.5" front springs with 1.75" spacers, 4.5" lift lower control arms and stock upper control arms, i get next to no front flex, its embarassing... at this point i'm ready to just make the jump to a long arm system. out of all the kits i've seen, rockkrawler seem to get the most articulation by far, what do you think? also, i've seen some serious flex out of short arm kits, i understand switching out the control arms (but keeping them "short arms") shouldnt take much doing, so would it be worth switching to long arms? also, i refuse to pay someone else to do my work, but all i have is a floor jack and a couple of jackstands, can the rockkrawler upgrade be done with this? and has anyone installed one before? give me your take on this please, i am open to any seggestions.

thanks,
jordan.

You need to weld the brackets on.

TNT is a more complete kit, comes with a crazy strong belly skid.

That being said I have the RK arms and I love em...just wish it came with a skid. You could always do drop brackets.

:doh: not again....

Starscream918 said:
It does, and a leech. :D Why the 1185 and no red name?

i was a member for a while, but fell out of the XJ scene... i'm back, just haven't renewed. i better get on it!

Balanced flex front and rear is key, it will make your rig much more stable. Go with TNT front and Clayton's rear coil conversion is you really want to flex...

x2 on the lockers

The RK long arm upgrade kit costs about the same as drop brackets......

I love mine! They work.

i just sold my xj that had the TnT kit, man it was awsome!, i now have a new xj, "if" i build this one anymore, i'll try the RK just because of the price.

Oh yeah, he was serious, I had a Yj that was actually quite impressive in the flex, but then I threw a locker in the back, it was phenominal all the places I could go that I couldnt go before..

Back