• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical Issues: Windows and Locks

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
1997 XJ Loaded

Went wheelin the other day, put the passanger side front window down and now it wont go back up. All the other functions work on the master switch and the passangers switch. I pulled the door panel off and jumped 12v off the battery and put the window back up at the motor. Tried the switch again and both sides can put it down but neither side can put it up.

What could cause this? I bench tested the passangers side switch disconnected from everything. Put 12v into one prong, hit the switch up, and 12v came out the other prong. Put the switch down and nothing. Switched the 12v input and output, hit the switch down and 12v came through. Put the switch up and nothing. So I assume now the passanger side switch is good.

And in the process I managed to loose my power locks. Havn't dug into that one yet, but if this becomes too complicated the doors are just going to have to come off for the summer. I guess it could be worse, the other XJ I went with broke an axle shaft and had the tire walk out like 2 feet before my passanger noticed.

Back