• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone running a 4.5 on a 91 with no sye?

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 91 auto limited with np242 at 3.5 inch lift with no vibes. im looki at re 4.5 inch kit and debating if i can get away with my transfer case drop? just wanting some input.
thanks!

Dont know if you remember my rig, but I think you came to that noob fest deal up in WA at Tahuya a while back.

Anyways, I was running 4-4.5" lift with no SYE or TC drop. I had no vibes, but every rig is different. U-joint on the axle end went, so a PORC SYE and a front shaft went in place. You might get away with just shimming the rear. Something you'll probably have to play with a bit.

i have a 89 xj limited auto with 4.5 inch lift. came with a transfer case drop used that, but still found that i needed shims. i still had to lift the rear end a couple inches so i bought 2 inch blocks that were tapered enought to give the right angle. right now tryin to figure out if my front drive shaft is wobbling or what. hope that helps. im really too cheap for sye but if i need ill get it

Biggest concern would be the DS falling out when flexing. That'll make a day of wheeling pretty short if the slip yoke end pulls off the shaft while flexing.

Messy too.

i had 5" with no driveline mods. driveshaft never fell out. why would it when flexing anyway? the diff is in the center.

Back