• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stuck in high gear

rowicki

NAXJA Forum User
ok on my way home from work it ran fine for about half of the 15 minute drive. i had my music blaring so i didnt hear anything strange. but taking off from a red light i noticed my tranny is stuck in like 3 or 4 gear. it shifts between park and reverse and stuff but while in drive it wont up or down shift. and shifting between drive and reverse it seems to slam but not grind.
any ideas would be great. it is my daily driver. so HELP PLEASE!!!!

Posting the year would be helpful. Assuming it goes into first with the shifter in (1-2) and 3rd in (3), my first guess would be to check that you have power to the TCU. Do a search.

sorry about that i was a liitle pissed when i wrote the thread becasue i had just gotten home. i have a 96 xj 4x4. still stock. not for long if i can figure this out. anyways along with the problem last nite i drove it today and it seems fine but after a little hard driving SOMETHING was burning dont know what. couldnt see anything just smelled it. so therefore i dont think it is a fuse unless the work off the theroy of reincarnation. fuses were my first thought, please help. i am lost.....especially after today.

Back