• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

project daily driver.... the beginning

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
got a tip and picked up this 88 xj for 150 bucks was told it quit running all of a sudden..... after pulling it out of a field and some careful diagnostics (turning it over) its missing three plug wires :D and so begins the process of polishing off a daily driver since the 98 gets wheeled considerably and needs the front pulled in a bad way updates will be forthcoming as the process of building an xj for the daily commute begins.

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01656.jpg

DSC01657.jpg

DSC01658.jpg

soo jealous. i like look of old xjs still cruisin around.

well i threw some plug wires in it today and made sure that it had enough fluids to ensure safe startup and fired her...... using a little gas pedal and some fresh gas in the tank she fired and ran great.... still needs a good tank of premium and has a rough idle but i think that is from bad gasit gets better every time i start it..... oil pressure is stout pegged right up just like it was new and the trans shifted great driving around the yard.... looks like we have a winner! its parked in my garage now waiting on a good cleaning and a full tune up.

jesusjeep19 said:
Whats with the driverside tail light? It looks like its warped or made of paper.

yeah it looks like it got melted in a fire but the jeep seems to have been nowhere near one.... i guess its just one of the many mysteries a 150$ jeep holds :D

looks like it was too close to a fire, we had a parking lot full of cars that looked like that when we cooked a building a year ago. It was strange the only damage to most of the vehicles were unharmed except the lights, others were just expensive puddles.

Back