• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Master or Slave

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
Clutch loses pedal. In traffic, as i let off the clutch i lose pedal and the release point will be closer to the floor. In reverse sometimes the clutch will not release its self, it will kinda stay half way compressed. Fluid is always fine. originial everything as far as cltuch goes. 140k mi. any ideas, or if its not a mc or slave cyl prob. thanks

Most times it is the MC. You might want to do a search on Howe Master Cylinder. I changed mine over and it works sweet and it is cheaper.

I just looked the part up on http://allchryslerparts.com/ (where I usually get my stock Jeep parts) and noticed that the part number I gave you (52107701) has been superceded by part number 52104110 (sorry about that). Try that part number at NAPA. It's listed as (Clutch - Hydraulic system - Master cylinder
MASTER CYLINDER, Jeep, MJ, XJ Series 1994 - 1996) on the the Chryslerparts site. It's an integrated Master and Slave unit. I'd recommend getting one from the dealer as they fit and work right. Maybe NAPA's is a direct replacement, but I've never used one of theirs.

Edit: I just checked NAPA's site for part #52104110 and they list just the slave cylinder so they're database is not correct. I'd recommend getting the integrated unit from the dealer (~$177.00) using that part number or you'll end up piecing together a master and slave system yourself (which may end up costing even more plus the aggravation of bleeding the system). The integrated units are sealed and don't need to be bleed (they can't be bleed as they're sealed).

Last edited:
found it

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
52104110 $177.00 $0.00 $127.20
Clutch - Hydraulic system - Master cylinder
MASTER CYLINDER, Jeep, MJ, XJ Series 1994 - 1996

thanks

Just wanted to add that it's probably best to switch out the master and the slave at the same time. They tend to usually give out at the same time.

if you read anything that was in this post, you will learn the 94's - 96 has a integrated MC/SC. thanks for trying tho

67o9ws0.jpg

Got my Unit today, and Installed! WOW. Feels like a brandnew Jeep. Thanks for the help guys.

Forgot to mention, I saved $100 from www.chryslerpartsdirect.com vs. my local dealer. it was $135. Allchryslerparts had it for 120, but none in stock. Be careful not to open the unit, as they have fluid already in them.

Back