• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel offset question

XJ96Classic

NAXJA Forum User
I am wondering if someone knows what the offset is on the new wrangler rubican 16" rims as compaired to the ones they put on the stock XJ. (mine is a 96 with the ones with the holes around the edge(gambler i think) It was a factory option over the grizzlys for the Classic package.

Is there more of an offset? Could i pick up a set and run 32" on them?

Also I have never used spacers.. anyone think that running those rubican rims with a spacer would be bad?

Its either that or get a set of rims with a 4" offset... suggestions?

The 16x8 (5 x 4.5 bolt pattern) Moab wheels available on the older Rubicon Wranglers have a backspacing of 5". Coupled with a 1.25 spacer that puts you at 3.75" of backspacing.

Thats what I am planning on anyways.. I ordered a set of 285 75 16s to run. Should be here on Wednesday. =-)

George Trilikis
San Diego, CA

One thing at a time works better in the long run, (if the choice is yours of course..) Spend some time to focus on the job in front of you and have fun.
=-)

George T.

XJ96Classic said:
thanks george..

i was always curious about that

i'll deff get back to you soon with an answer on the tires..
shimming the rear tomorrow. one thing at a time

Back