• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another AC problem

4x4life05

NAXJA Forum User
My A/C is blowing hot air! any ideas what might be wrong with it, I believe it happened after my Jeep went for a swim in a river crossing :) After it dried off it never blew cold air again, any ideas?

4x4life05 said:
My A/C is blowing hot air! any ideas what might be wrong with it, I believe it happened after my Jeep went for a swim in a river crossing :) After it dried off it never blew cold air again, any ideas?

Does the compressor cycle ? could have blown a fuse.

4x4life05 said:
exactly what do you mean when you say cycle? sorry noobie here with a/c's

There is a compressor under the hood, attached to the engine, has two thick hoses attached to it, driven by a fan belt with a big electric clutch, thats a compressor. It compresses freon, according to my 98 factory service manual with the ac turned on high, engine running, the compressor should cycle less than 5 times in one minute, more than 5 times it is probably low on F134a. If it worked fine then stopped I would check fuses and relays first and go from there. You can tell when it kicks in, then engine idle goes down, loud click and then it runs for 10+ seconds and then shuts off.

Back