• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RIP XJ

ponyracer1

NAXJA Forum User
Well here's GermanXJ's cherokee at Kirton off road center in England. He tried to follow me (the first XJ) through a hole filled with water. I'm on 37's and have an underhood snorkle. At the time he was on 31's with no snorkle. The result of this little dip in the drink was a broken no1 rod and 2 holes in the pan large enough to stick your fingers through. He made a VALIANT effort in trying to repair it, then lost no6 rod that put a nice window in the block. Somedays you just can't buy a break.

RIP XJ.......sniff

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t303/ddanderson1978/Jeep Stuff/?action=view&current=DSCN0055.flv

ponyracer1 said:
Well here's GermanXJ's cherokee at Kirton off road center in England. He tried to follow me (the first XJ) through a hole filled with water. I'm on 37's and have an underhood snorkle. At the time he was on 31's with no snorkle. The result of this little dip in the drink was a broken no1 rod and 2 holes in the pan large enough to stick your fingers through. He made a VALIANT effort in trying to repair it, then lost no6 rod that put a nice window in the block. Somedays you just can't buy a break.

RIP XJ.......sniff

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t303/ddanderson1978/Jeep%20Stuff/?action=view&current=DSCN0055.flv

That sucks big time.

Any plans to get it running again?

HAHAHAHAHA:roflmao:
Thanks Pony. Hey yea the GermanXJ will live again. I may even get it home next week.
BTW it was my daily driver. oops I dont know when to quit:gee:

GermanXJ said:
BTW it was my daily driver. oops I dont know when to quit:gee:

Been there, done that.

I threw a rod about 220degrees through the block and oil pan when my XJ was a DD. It got a new engine and was still my DD for awhile. It's not any longer a DD, but with a very well built up 4.0L engine, it'll take the now trail-rig anywhere I want to go (when it gets done). :D

Are you going to get a new block and build it yourself? Due yourself a favor, if you've got the funds (and plan to keep your rig for awhile) build up a nice engine with a few performance aids (cam, springs, bore, port-polish) while you're digging in.

Good Luck!

MT/R's aren't mud tures, that's for sure ;)

That sound was terrible!

Hope you get it fixed up well. Too bad 4.0 parts are so much more scarce out there than here.

PS- Did I hear people in thie background with yank accents? What's up with that!

HAHA there were 11 rigs from our club up there, mostly yanks. XJ's are plentiful over here but the prob is the exchange rate is OVER 2.00 to the pound right now. (1 GBP costs $2.06)

I hope the new motor gets a snorkel....was that a recreation of a scene from "Das Boot"?....good luck with getting it going again.

eh, that sucks man

Add that to the list of sounds I never want to hear my Jeep make....

Good luck gettin it goin though!

Back