• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I got a welder! Anyone heard of Forney?

Jeep914x4

NAXJA Forum User
I picked it up this weekend. It's a Forney FS235, I think.
Specs:
20-235 AMP
Sec. Load Volts 25-Max
Primary INput 230V. AC-53 AMP AC Single Phase 60Hz
Duty Cycle 100% Tapering to 20%
Max Temp Rise 115*

welder.jpg

It looks pretty old but I tried it out and it works. The cables are pliable and don't seem to be in bad shape either.

Does anyone know anything about Forney? Is this a pretty decent welder?

Forney is made right here in Fort Collins, Colorado. They tend to be a well built welder. Let me know if you need any parts.

The only down side is that it appears to be an "AC" machine!

old_man said:
Forney is made right here in Fort Collins, Colorado. They tend to be a well built welder. Let me know if you need any parts.

Awesome, Thanks old_man. I e-mailed Forney to see if they had any info on the welder. I'm curious how old it is.

I layed down some beads on the only piece oc scrap metal I have yesterday. It seems to work well. I just need practice. It's been 9 years since I welded.

These look to be the older style terminals, which aren't always easy to find.

You could always convert to the more modern plugs

I am in need of the welding leads for this welder . Can you help?

Contact Forney. They are still in business. They are located in Fort Collins, CO. Most good welding supply shops should be able to help you. Like the man said, all you need is welding cable and the ends.

Jeep914x4 said:
Is this a pretty decent welder?
Total junk! Drive it to Golden, Colorado, and I will give you a twelve-pack of the local beer for it. ;)

merlesmith said:
I am in need of the welding leads for this welder . Can you help?
Forney stocks my local hardware store. I will get some part numbers for the pins that plug into the welder. Otherwise, as has been stated, everything can be purchased at your local welding supply.

Back