• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chromoly super 30 ID help!

dgrigorenko

NAXJA Forum User
i just got a 94 with a super 30 kit installed, it is the disconnect bypass, and i am trying to figure out who the heck made this thing. i dont know if any of the markings on it would help, some of them are hard to read but they are as follows: (inner stub) 43621 AQ, and F5L330s. the outer stub is still in the hub bearing so i could limp it home off the trail. reason being... i broke it... right at the U-joint. :dunno: any help would be amazing

thanks

dale

As far as I know Superior and Alloy USA are the only ones making the 30 spline kits for the dana 30. Call one of them and ask if those numbers mean anything to them, and then call the other. :)

If you can't figure it out and have to buy a new set of shafts, alloy usa has a better warantee.

ok thanks a lot, from the pictures it does not look like the superior kit, although they may not be picturing the actual product. i emailed Alloy USA, yesterday, but they have not responded yet. thanks again!

dale

dgrigorenko said:
ok thanks a lot, from the pictures it does not look like the superior kit, although they may not be picturing the actual product. i emailed Alloy USA, yesterday, but they have not responded yet. thanks again!

dale

I would guess superior first, if the guy told you "super 30". That is a superior term, alloy usa sells the "grand 30" which is the same locker (30 spline arb or ox) with their own shafts. Superiors kit leaves you with 27 spline outers, where alloy usa offers a 30 spline outer axle upgrade as well, using semi custom unit bearings.

I'm running the alloy usa 30 spline inners and outers, and have no fear hammering on it with 35's. ;)

well the guy i bought the jeep from really had no clue what the hell he had. which is part of the reason i got it so freakin cheap. 94, with detroit rear in 8.8, super 30 or grand 30 still waiting to find out, teraflex revolvers, teralow transfer case, sye and shaft, 6in lift, ramsey winch, full interior roll cage, stinger bumper, 35in mtr's 102,000 on the odo, for 4700... some body damage, but minor.

thanks for more info,

dale

dgrigorenko said:
well the guy i bought the jeep from really had no clue what the hell he had. which is part of the reason i got it so freakin cheap. 94, with detroit rear in 8.8, super 30 or grand 30 still waiting to find out, teraflex revolvers, teralow transfer case, sye and shaft, 6in lift, ramsey winch, full interior roll cage, stinger bumper, 35in mtr's 102,000 on the odo, for 4700... some body damage, but minor.

thanks for more info,

dale

Wow. You suck. ;)

Back