• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stalling after engine breaking???

andrew2516

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep has had a low idle after engine breaking lately and has been stalling pretty frequently when coming to a stop. My CPS is only about a year old...anyone have any clue what this might be?

I had a similar problem a while back, every once and a while stopping at the end of a driveway or stop sign it would stall. I changed my spark plugs (they were pretty much toast) and i haven't had it stall on me since but the idle still does drop down really low some times, just not as often. I'm leaning towards something else with the ignition system, just because the spark plugs sort of fixed it. I'll probably be changing out most of the rest of it in the coming weeks, ie. plug wires as well as distributer cap and rotor. I hope that helps.

02 is only a year old even though I did have a slight header leak when i installed the 02 sensor. The plugs/wires and distributor are only about 3 years old but I plan to swap them this weekend.

Back