• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holcomb yesterday..

Yeah, thats my dad. He's run holcomb several times before, but took a lot of damage this time (both fog lights and a quarter panel).

He always forgets to listen to his spotter until after the first loud "crunch", and starts paying attention after

*sigh*

Was fun tho. :)

Cool pics Cal.............. I dont believe you were there though:spin1:

Looks like the weather was perfect up there. Cant wait untill SoCal fest!!!!

Yeah, driving up 330 it was in the 30's and there were snowplows running. Once we got to the top it was in the 70's and dry. Went through snow again on the way down.

The weather lately is f*n wierd. ;)

Do they make airbags with higher rise for those rovers?

Well, you can get bags that will extend 1.5" or so taller, then you need to recalibrate the computer for the taller heights, both of which we did once. When you have it in "ultra tall" mode, and droop a wheel out, there is too much air pressure in that part of the system and it blows the side of the bag out. The next approach will be to build a spacer to go under the bag, but over about 2.5" of lift you need to change out driveshafts, build new radius arms, ajdust for caster, etc etc.

Its not worth it.

cal said:
It was good times. I managed to cross the rock garden 3 times (went back to winch someone) and yet still, there isn't a single picture of me in my jeep. One of these days I guess someone will catch me wheeling on film. ;)

http://www.shadowco.org/~cal/offroad/pics/Holcomb-04-21-07/

-C
You need to buy Jack a point and shoot and show him how to take pictures of "YOUR" junk only........Santa

4xSanta said:
You need to buy Jack a point and shoot and show him how to take pictures of "YOUR" junk only........Santa

He's actually got a pretty good camera, and takes a lot of pictures with it .. i just never manage to get my hands on those pictures. ;)

cal said:
One of these days I guess someone will catch me wheeling on film.
Finally got my pics/vids of Saturday uploaded. ( http://picasaweb.google.com/i.am.hildy/20070421HolcombCreek ) Abigail rode shotgun with Cal, while Daniel Jr., Isaac, and I rode with Cal's dad in the Rover. The TJ was Robert and his son Curt (Kurt?). No filtering (other than the picture I took of the dirt, for some reason), so the vids are probably quite boring, but there is proof that Cal wheels!
Pic: http://picasaweb.google.com/i.am.hildy/20070421HolcombCreek/photo#5056714965896338402
Vid of Cal on Rock Garden: http://picasaweb.google.com/i.am.hildy/20070421HolcombCreek/photo#5056717259408874578

A great time was had by all, especially when Cal started stripping :laugh: (no pics unfortunately).

--Hildy

Hildy said:
A great time was had by all, especially when Cal started stripping :laugh: (no pics unfortunately).

--Hildy

I had to read that four times, just to make sure it really said what I thought it did.

Don't you know .. what happens on the trail..

a couple of the vids remind me of the old big foot videos all grainy and unfocused with glare........

Now was it Cal or the other urban legand Big foot wheeling?

the water looks kinda deep should be nice when we get there

I see lots of pictures and videos of my jeep there .. but thats not me drivin ;)

Hildy said:

I've reviewed your "proof", I see a picture of what looks like my jeep near water, but no me..

And a grainy video with so much bouncing around, it could be cracker driving..

Except for the whole rubber side being down part.

Hey, you want better video, y'all can buy me a better camera!!

What's worse, is I even checked Jack's pictures, and thought I'd gotten lucky, but it turns out the only closeups of your jeep are with *me* driving it... oh well, maybe Rob got one?

--Hildy

Its a phenomina I'm really confused by, actually. It's not like I pick up the jeep and hide from the camera..

dzraces said:
Hey Ive seen cal wheel I know it happens but in video and pics theres seldomly any proof........
well after almost two years without wheeling, it is only natural that his jeep would be a little camara shy when cal is in it, the jeep just wants to do good for him.:eek:

Back