• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get rid of a scrap body?

PICK A PART.

they pulled an engine onto a flatbed snd took it away for free for me.

or better yet donate it to charity :D

your trash is worth something to the scrapyards.

korda said:
I'm down to just the body on my rig and want to cut it up and and take it to the scapyard.

Anyone know a place around San Diego?

Thanks,
Josh

chop it into 1 foot sections and recycle it. the big recycling plants take raw steel :D i got rid of a junked out 58 impala that way i used it for beer money, just chopped it up a lil more every time i needed a case of brews.

ok, so far I am the only one that misunderstood, or got kinda excited when i read the title of this thread. ummm body had a much differant mental image going on for me. LMAO

Re: Where to get rid of a scrap body?

lazarus said:
ok, so far I am the only one that misunderstood, or got kinda excited when i read the title of this thread. ummm body had a much differant mental image going on for me.

now thats sig worthy :D

LOL

I doubt a junkyard would want it. I already cut the roof and pillars out to pull the cage. It's probably useless to anyone as the floor has major rust issues. The only thing left in it is most of the dash. I do have all the paperwork for it.

I was planning on cutting it up and recycling it, just not sure where.

I disposed of a Volkswagen my sister and her tweaker boyfriend cut up (Don't worry, I know it wasn't stolen :D) at a metal scrap place. It was most of the body and frame, no doors, and I got some $24.00.

I was pissed about that. They cut the vehicle up (it was my sisters and had to get out of there, they decided instead of taking it complete Kevin would cut it up) and left all the cuttings there for me! :mad:

IMG_0014.JPG

No questions asked!

Back