• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case drop and a few q's

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
can i get away with 3 bolts? one of the studs is stripped and i cant get it out with vise grips or a stud remover. can i weld the spacer to the "frame" then to the x member? will it be ok for a day? off to do the front. how long will that take? if i dont break anything. 3.5 superflex, already installed lower arms and stab. just need to do shocks, lines, track bar, and coils and the discos.

Three bolts will not work for very long, get the stud red hot with tourch and spray it with Blaster, repeat this several times and try working it back and forth with vise grips.
Or cut it off flush and drill it out, then retap the hole.

thats what i was thinking
i tried heating it, hammer pb blaster, vice grips just came off. i only have a propane torch tho. so idont know. just like around town would it be ok for like a few days?

Weld a nut onto the stud. The heat will help break it loose.

Tim_MN said:
Weld a nut onto the stud. The heat will help break it loose.
tried that. i was going to use the nut to get it out. what if i just put a thick bead around the stud would that work? woul i be able to build the metal up enough for a stud remover?

When i broke all 4 of mine off it was just vice grips, pb, and a propane torch they all came off eventually.

Back