• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fender triming

rabbit said:
hey i just bought 33 12.5 and a 4.5 rough country lift will my tire fit after the lift or will i have to cut

search the picture forum you'll find what you need there

I have 33" 12.5 and an RE4.5, Yes cutting will be bennificial.

Bumpstops will also help keep from tearing up your tread.

XJLaredo said:
I have 33" 12.5 and an RE4.5, Yes cutting will be bennificial.

Bumpstops will also help keep from tearing up your tread.

X2, I have 33x12.5 on a 4.5 lift , bumpstops and sawzalls are your new friends( if your going to wheel it). Also go for a wider offset wheel something in the 4.0 to 3.75 inch backspacing range.
Welcome to the NWC, stick around you'll learn alot here.
Ryan

Welcome!!

I am not aware of anyone else in the area with a RC 4.5" lift. I also don't have an experience with how they compare in "actual" lift height.

The amount of trimming will be determined by the amount of bumpstop you add and if you use it off road with swaybars disco'ed or on road with the swaybars still on.

Let us know your intentions and we might be able to help a little more.

Michael

mud1059 said:
I have 4.5" backspacing and I still rub my control arms. How do you guys not?

3.75" BS wheels.

4" here with 33's, cut out fenders, no bumpstops, besides stock ones. Of course I really dont care about body damage or a few tire cuts, maybe thats why my rig looks the way it does.

CanMan said:
3.75" BS wheels.

4" here with 33's, cut out fenders, no bumpstops, besides stock ones. Of course I really dont care about body damage or a few tire cuts, maybe thats why my rig looks the way it does.

What length shocks? (I bet they are acting as your upper bumpstops in the front.)

The rear might not "normally stuff" because it is probably much stiffer than the front. I bet if you added bumpstops up front, you would stuff the back more and need the bumpstops in the rear as well.

I have 4.5" of lift (probably actually about 4" of lift with my heavy front bumper and winch) and I stuff the 33's fine but have several inches of bumpstops in the front and still nothing in the rear (I will be changing this when I put the new springs in the rear).

I have 4.5" backspacing and I still rub my control arms. How do you guys not?
you need no more than 4.25" of BS to stop from rubbing control arms with most 33x12.5x15 tires on 15x8 rims.

Michael

I feel a bit retarded... I had to pop off my fenders to do some work around the wheelwell, and now I can't seem to get them back on. I'm assuming that I just have to greatly loosen the mounting hardware and then just pop them back into place? Does anyone know a trick to this?

Back