• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tom Wood SYE install help

How did the install go? Did you rebuild it too?
I ask because I finally have all the parts to do both, once I get time. Mine's a 95 242. :cheers:

I just installed mine last weekend, the new yolk is only 40 ft-lbs with red locktight. And i would assume, only guessing here, that the front yolk would be more like 200 ft-lbs. Only say that because pinion nuts are usualy torqued around that range. And that nut looks about the same size as front pinion nut.

I got away with not taking that apart. i just undid the snap ring holding the sproket, and it came right off.

Those dam snap rings are a pain in the butt, anyone else have a problem with them? The snap rings and the gasket maker was the hardest part.

Snarky said:
I just installed mine last weekend, the new yolk is only 40 ft-lbs with red locktight. And i would assume, only guessing here, that the front yolk would be more like 200 ft-lbs. Only say that because pinion nuts are usualy torqued around that range. And that nut looks about the same size as front pinion nut.

I got away with not taking that apart. i just undid the snap ring holding the sproket, and it came right off.

Those dam snap rings are a pain in the butt, anyone else have a problem with them? The snap rings and the gasket maker was the hardest part.

i did. i tried screw drivers and after i stabbed the crap out of my thumb i hooked up with the snap-on truck and bought some snap ring pliers.

Back