• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Antelope Valley CORR

juryrigjalopy

NAXJA Forum User
I went yesterday and watched some of the greatest racing I have ever seen in my life, and I have seen lotsa racing. Well worth the 25 dolla

We left Huntington Beach at 10am and got there before the 1600 buggy event at 1pm. 3 of the Boyer brothers got 1-2-3 in 1600 buggy in a very big feild, great race.

Pro4 points race was decent, Greaves won no prob and tapped Scott Douglass and sent him somersaulteing over the K rail and berm, Douglass came over to Greaves truck when he won and pushed him around a bit. Herbst finished 3rd and when he was gonna head to the pits he put the truck in the wrong gear (reverse) floored it and backed up and launched his truck vertically (monster truck style) into the air over the k rail and berm without his helmet or harnesses on landing on four wheels, good thing no one was behind him and hurt.

Pro2 was a battle of the energy drinks...RedBull (Rob Mac), Monster (Welchel), Rockstar (Todd Leduc). Quite a few memorable crashes and good racing.

TrophyKarts were the intermission show and put on a great show, over 50 trphykarts showed up and the herbst team put together some modified ones with 2 stroke engines. I dont think that weve seen the end of this class.

The best race by far was the last pro4 memorial cup race. Johnny Greaves strarted at the pole...stalled at start....passed everyone within a few laps, then battled to get uo to first up till the finish line and won. This race alone was woth the 25 bucks. The trophy girls werent bad either, they had them tiny pleated skirts on and it was windy to say the least. Good Times.

If you leave now you can watch Robby Gordon race the pro2 memorial cup race. Should be just as good today.

http://www.dirtnewz.com/events-07/corr1/saturday.shtml

Back