• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What should I do

bigwhitey

NAXJA Forum User
Longer Leafs (MJ) mounted off the rear bumper to move the axle back?

Or 4 link the rear and chop off about 7-8" of body to increase rear clearance?

How it looks now.
chopped7a.jpg

What it would look like with the rear chopped short.
chopped7.jpg

I already moved the gas tank to the bed today and I'm in the process of building tube bumpers this weekend. I plan to put coil overs in the front next year so matching ones in the rear is not out of the question. Also I am not afraid of cutting throug the floor for upper link mounts.

Dont chop as the space behind the cab is already so short and cutting will make it useless. Looks great the way it is. :)
Go MJ leaves.

BlackJax said:
Hey whitey. So you moved up to ME from Jax?

Keep the leaves! Way easier to maintain (no alignment crap to deal with) ;)

Yeah. We'll be up here for about 2 more years until we close this place down.

Gojeep said:
Dont chop as the space behind the cab is already so short and cutting will make it useless. Looks great the way it is. :)
Go MJ leaves.

It's useless already with the gas tank, shocks and spare tire in there.

How far back are you looking to move the rear axle?

I think I saw your truck when I was up there for a Beartrap Meeting a few weeks ago. I liked how you finished off the chop.

ttocsnekia said:
flip the leaves around, gave me an extra 5 inches
Scott

Agreed. Flip the leaves you already have, build a traction bar, be finished. The XJ rear spring hanger is already near the very back anyways, so using MJ leaf packs would require new mounts even further out the back, thus screwing your departure angle, and you would still need to build a traction bar.

DaffyXJ said:
How far back are you looking to move the rear axle?

I think I saw your truck when I was up there for a Beartrap Meeting a few weeks ago. I liked how you finished off the chop.

Thanks. It may of had the exo on it then.

GottaBeJeep said:
Agreed. Flip the leaves you already have, build a traction bar, be finished. The XJ rear spring hanger is already near the very back anyways, so using MJ leaf packs would require new mounts even further out the back, thus screwing your departure angle, and you would still need to build a traction bar.

How long have you had your leaves flipped?
I thought it would wear them out super fast?

x2 more on this? i need an additional 4-5 inches stretch

i have RE 4.5 springs = ok to flip around and add a traction bar?

Back