• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has a York Compressor mounted and running?

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
Not too much on here about the York. A lot of questions but not many with it mounted and running. I could realy use some pictures and some ideas. I am neck deep in this now and want to get it done. I am having problems with the a/c lines and radiator hose. What did you do?
I know mad xj has it on his site and I have read that over and over. I want to know if anyone did it differently. I'm sure I will get it mounted up but I am trying to skip some of the problems.
I had my york mounted up on my YJ and that was cake. This is turning out not to be as easy.

Here ya go...

6131c085.jpg

dbf93fbd.jpg

P1010058.jpg

c77e022d.jpg

P1010059.jpg

I had this setup mounted on my old cherokee. I just made an adapter plate to mate the york and factory saden braket together. The radiator hose is a factory peice off of a 89' cherokee...

NAXJA

Last edited:
Okay I got my compressor mounted, my battery moved and my hard line run into my filter. I bent the a/c lines the best I could and got them out of the way. On the radiator hose I took the end off that is on the radiator and cut off about 2" of it and put it back on, works great. The fan I took off, ran the studs out a bit more, put on three washer on each stud and put the fan back on. My bracket is made out of a piece of I beam that I had laying around. Cut it up and made it fit. It also worked out great.
I also went to walmart and picked up a retractible real that has 30' of hose on it and mounted that to the passenger side fender. After a lot of modifying I got it to fit and bolt down. Now I just need to fix it so that I get the hose out the back under the tail light. I will have lots of pictures when its done.
I put my battery in the back on the passenger side. I ran 1/0 wire to the front under the trim and then out the fire wall. Ran my ground to the body and then up front the body to the block all with 1/0. That worked out good also. I just need to figure out how you are supposed to tie the battery down in the box.

Tomorrow I will mount up my tank and run my tubing from the filter to the tank and to my reel in the back. Also I will hook up the pressure switch and a gauge inside.

I should have some pictures tomorrow or the next day when everything is in.

MogifiedXJ said:
Did the pics help you out any JW?

No, I have a/c so things where a bit different. I also ran a v-groove pulley w/double pulley on the alternator. But I am sure someone else will be able to use them, thanks though! Did you mount a tank anywhere?

jwtrapper said:
No, I have a/c so things where a bit different. I also ran a v-groove pulley w/double pulley on the alternator. But I am sure someone else will be able to use them, thanks though! Did you mount a tank anywhere?
Yeah I got an air tank (about 5 gal for their air breaks) off of a new mack truck that had been totaled. I actually have two of them if you need one just make me an offer.

My brother has a York, but not for a 4x4.

He's is in the process of installation on a lowrider.

Jason

wait, how did you work the pulley's? ones is V and the other serpentine. I'm going to do something very similar except I'm putting the bat where ur hose is, after I dynomat that area. I just finished folding up the rear quarter panel and that area is sealed. Just gunna beaf it up and mount an optima or something.

Did you guys take any pics of the brackets that mount your compressor to the A/C compressor? I am looking to do this and could use some ideas on how to make the brackets.

I just lucked out and found one of these in my alfa romeo parts. gonna need the part numbers out of this thread.

I like the serpentine idea more than the V belt. ease of replacement and all.

Back