• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle ujoint change

its not that hard... took me about 30- 1 hour for both u joints....
http://www.4x4wire.com/tech/axle/ujoint/

the first part they dont show is un boltin the two screws behind the brake to take that off...then unbolt the three bolts holding the shaft/hub to the steering knuckle....

that really helps, thanks, It isn't really bad right now, and the shop said that it should be fine for a few months, but I'm going to the dunes and I know that it will put a lot more stress on it, so I'm going to change it a lot faster than that.

How hard it is is very relative to the life they have lived. Mine were so siezed up that it took me several days to complete. I managed to wreck both wheel bearings so had to wait a week for new ones on order. I also broke two ratchets, a breaker bar, and managed to bend my u joint press out of shape. So I would recomend pb blaster treatments now and have some asprin ready :). Of course you may get lucky and it all comes right apart and I hope you are one of the lucky ones.

I have been spraying it down with WD-40 every few days, so I hope I have better luck, and I have a torch, cutting wheel, and really big hammers and guys to help me. Thanks

Back