• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gearing ?

white99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've read through the many threads on gearing and decided to go for 4.10's but I'm looking to see who recommends what brand of gear to go with. I've had alot of good experiences with Richmond Gear through dirt track racing but wasn't sure of what else might be a better value. Also, just to check my math... going from a 28 inch tire to 31's with a 4.10 gear would then lower the gear to roughly a 3.70?

white99XJ said:
I've read through the many threads on gearing and decided to go for 4.10's but I'm looking to see who recommends what brand of gear to go with. I've had alot of good experiences with Richmond Gear through dirt track racing but wasn't sure of what else might be a better value. Also, just to check my math... going from a 28 inch tire to 31's with a 4.10 gear would then lower the gear to roughly a 3.70?

It should reduce it, but you'll notice the difference. I went from a 29" tire to a 31" tire with 3.07 gears, and only reduces the RPM's like 300 or so on the freeway.

Superior gear is good, Yukon is another. I use Richmond R&P's in my street cars, and have held up well so far at the track. PM Rawbrown, he should be able to sell you something good.

Back