• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little bit of advice

kbradner

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking about buying some 6.5" lift coils for my 88. WHat do I need to buy for the back to make it sit right? I guess its pretty obvious I am trying to do the cheapest lift I can.

hey for the rear there are lots of options... what i'm in the process of doing is a "bastard pack" w/ s10 leafs, and then going with a longer shackle to net me around 5.5'' so my front will sit a little higher but thats fine with me, or you could go with a "bastard pack" and lift blocks.. check out Performanceoffroadcenter.com they have some really good prices expecially on the HD SYE and use a fabbed front xj driveshaft in the rear.. search "cheep lift" and "bastard pack" and you should find lots of usefull info

If you want to do "cheapest lift", forget 6.5" and start looking at 4". At 6.5, your talking SYE, driveshaft, steering mods, drop brackets or longarms for the front, it adds up fast.

4.5 is plenty to run 35's. Do some bumpstopping and trimming.

Spend your money on axles. Again, going to 35's isnt something you do cheap.

87XJ_4.0 said:
How do I post a thread?

On the page before this one, where you were looking at all the threads that are there to read, down at the bottom on the left, there's a button you can click to start your own, new thread. Then title it, and start in on your topic. Try to keep it on topic with the section you're in, or it might get moved, or made to vanish :) Hope you enjoy NAXJA, welcome.

Adam

Back